CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Supporting your well-being and travel plan
As a guest of Elephant Hab lodge, we appreciate your loyalty and the trust you place in us as a travel partner.
Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, our highest priority is the health and wellbeing of our guests and employees. With that in mind we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak.
Alert! Uganda is subject to state laws that require an approved COVID-19 travel certificate from a recognized institution 120hours before arrival; else you will be put in isolation or quarantined upon entry. All passengers upon arrival are required to be wearing face masks while in public spaces, this is mandatory to all citizens as well. Ensure that you review any requirements prior to travel.
Elephant Hab Lodge observes all the mandatory requirements set by the Ministry of Health Uganda and the Uganda Tourism Board since we all play a part in supporting safe travel and we want our guests to trust our facility with utmost confidence.
Health and safety
The safety and health of all our guests is our ultimate priority, therefore we are working closely with the UGANDA TOURISM BOARD and monitoring all mandatory requirements set by the MINISTRY OF HEALTH UGANDA to ensure that actions we take are comprehensive and suitable for the wellbeing of our guests.
- Arrival: all guests must conform to a temperature gun check and sanitize before check-in, this is done by our security personnel.
- Check –in: all our service team will be wearing a face mask, disinfect all client luggage and shoes. In addition, all guests are required to note down the last three destinations visited prior to arrival and passports details noted.
- Lounge and restaurant: our lounge and restaurant are disinfected every morning and evening. The use of table cloth has been stooped however napkins or serviettes are provided upon meals as they are disposable.
- Cottages: all cottages have sanitizing dispensers issued on the entrance to the rooms
- Check-out: after check out, all cottages are disinfected and are given 24hours before the next check-in.
NOTE; We have increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including lobbies, door handles, public bathrooms) and high-touch points in guest rooms.
Cancellation policy and booking flexibility
Given the flexibility our guests and customers need right now we have implemented the following policies:
For Bookings Made Up To And Including January 31, 2021:
With constant changes made by the government regarding travel, guests who have made non-refundable/pre-paid reservations may want to consider changes to trips already booked.
- All non-refundable/pre-paid bookings made up to and including December 31, 2020 can be cancelled without penalty (up to 48 hours before arrival) up until JANUARY 31, 2021.
- After JANUARY 31, 2021, all non-refundable/pre-paid bookings will be subject to the terms and conditions of the rate booked.
- Other rates have flexibility built in to the terms and conditions, including cancellation options. Please consult the terms and conditions of your booking for more details.
NOTE: We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.